Being independent is being able to realize within yourself when you need support, and taking the appropriate steps to gain what you need; being independent does not mean that you have to do it all by yourself.
Congratulations to our becoming-independent seniors for completing the first task of Senior Project: submitting a formal proposal for their project. We’ll check in on their progress during the school year, and learn about this capstone project.
Several events are coming up this week to pay attention to:
• Saturday Oct. 4 (tomorrow!) math SAT practice for seniors only 9-12 at school.
• Tuesday October 7 Special Education Basic Rights Workshop 6 pm at school
• Wednesday October 8 Senior Financial Aid Night-6 pm recommended for seniors and families, juniors welcome also
• Friday October 10 First, free Open Mic night of the year from 6-about 8
Details on these events can be found in the Flash.
You will also find info on:
• Bus Passes needed starting Tuesday
• Lunar eclipse next week!
• Crocktoberfest on October 21st
• Baking Club
• PSATs are coming
• Class news
• Fall sports schedule
• New notes from the nurse
• Profiles of new teachers and teachers in new positions
Please check through the Flash with your student to make sure they are aware of all the happenings and opportunities in and around our Sizer School community. Have a great October weekend, and we’ll see you all on Monday.